Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gentlemen

To all those who know me, I think you kinda knew that this would be coming.

So what defines a gentleman in my vocabulary? It isn't one that just opens doors for girls or help them carry heavy items. I guess for me, it's more than that. It's who they are, their being. The way they live and act. I must admit that I am blessed to know many gentlemen. And you will be able to identify yourself as a gentleman as your sisters around you verbalize and appreciate that you are one.

So, I shall tell all of the wonderful time I had today with a gentleman. O, and readers must note that he is attached. Which is what I admire about this gentleman, in the fact that he treats all women (except his gf) equal in terms of his attitude (I am sure that he loves his beloved and treats her better than anyone else). He is as one that is described in the bible. One that loves and protects his sisters and is his sister's keepers. I must say this one thing, that it is not the fact that girls require guys to open the doors for them but rather the feeling of being respected and cared for in an attitude that comes natural to them.

As I have told some girls before. This is how I view life. I am a princess and my father is the king. I am waiting for my prince charming as God has ordained me to have one. However, it does not mean that he is perfect. If I see myself as a princess, I can confidently say to those around me, that they should be treated as princes and princesses. As such, how could I expect them to be treated by my prince any less than the way my prince treats me. As the bible says, for we are a royal priesthood. Love my friends and family, and I will love you.

=D

No comments: