Sunday, November 23, 2008

Relationships

I was just thinking the other day. As one does. About relationships. And was watching Oprah at the same time. Thinking about how dogs are man's best friend. Then this lady actually said this "It is because he (the dog) loves me unconditionally. Now this made me think.

Hrm...good point...A dog does provide unconditional love. Cos he doesn't judge, doesn't disobey, doesn't question and the list goes on and on. Then I was thinking bout what it said in the bible. That man was created for relationships. Yup. Man was created for relationships. But let's explore this further. Not just for any relationship but for an unconditional loving relationship.

See, for years and years throughout the different ages and eras. Man searches for one thing. Relationship. And I don't think anyone reading this post would ever deny that fact that there is always that tug in their hearts for someone to love them unconditionally. That they search for this love and try to find it in anyway shape or form that they have been introduced to by those around them.

However, I must admit one thing. That no matter how much the ones around us love us and direct as best as they can, they will always be a time where they will disappoint us somehow. Letting us down, breaking our hearts. And it really doesn't help if the blind is leading the blind does it. And how would the blind know that he's following a blind person if that's the only thing he ever knows. Because, we are beings of habit that are molded by culture and beliefs that one generation passes on to another generation. So, in other words. How can one know the best way if one doesn't even know that there is a better way, a better option.

Think about this for awhile.

And so, this brings me back to the point. That as we are people of relationships, so are we the people that hunger for only one thing. And that is the love of God that is unending, everlasting, non-judgemental, forgiving... The list goes on but the bottom line is this. The ultimate unconditional love. And it is this love that I stand by. If ever there were any unlovable person, I stand by the fact that if my God loved the imperfect me, shouldn't I also love the one that I perceive as imperfect. For it is this relationship with my beloved that allowed me to live the life that was previously dead.

Then the next question is, how is it that this is so simple yet so profound. And so free yet not accepted. It boggles my mind that so many times I push away my beloved only to find that he loves me even more than I once thought. This, my dear brothers and sisters is unconditional love.

The ultimate relationship

3 comments:

sodabug said...

i like this post jen =) very profound

Anonymous said...

Love this post, Jen! :)

A dog loves unconditionally but without contemplation of the possibility that we imperfect people will let him down in that area sometimes. God's unconditional love is made more incredible by the fact that it is a love that not only understands but transcends our failings.

Beloved said...

Thanks guys.
And I was actually meant to put that point about dogs up too E. But forgot. lol. Wrote that like at 2am in the morn