Monday, January 19, 2009

Love

This Sunday, an awesome women of God spoke of God's true nature of love. However the emphasis that I would like this post to place upon is the moment in time spent with God.

This Sunday, seemed to be just like every Sunday. Church started and it was like every Sunday. Preacher preached, just like every Sunday. Then came the be-earlied altar call. As I contemplated going up, somehow, my heart didn't seem to connect with my body. And I went up. After a couple of praise songs, as I lift my hands out, I suddenly stopped singing. I could see, with eyes closed, a figure or an image of someone bright standing in front of me. With his left hand, he placed it within my right. His right on my forehead. And, he whispered, softly and gently, 'I love you'. Soon after, I felt a real hand hold mine. And as the pastor prayed for me, it confirmed everything that was felt earlier. A date with my Lover. I am His beloved, and He my lover.

You see, I have known God as my Father. A father of love. However, I wanted to know Him as a lover too. Because for so long, after hearing the joy of my friend knowing God as a lover, I wanted to know that too. I wanted to know the difference, if there even was one. I wanted to know what it meant to spend time in His presence, knowing he loved me. I wanted t know what it meant to fall in love with Jesus.

The Friday before that fateful Sunday, that same pastor prayed for me and told me that God wanted me to pamper myself. Something, I've always found hard to justify within myself. Then as I semi-did it, or so I thought, I realized one thing. That whatever it is that I do, if I'm happy, God is happy. See, I finally realized that God loved me that much as to say to me, regardless of anything, I want you to be happy. That's why He sent Jesus, cos He loved us so much.

1 comment:

meli said...

Amazing encounter with Jesus you had! Praise God. Yea, it's true..sometimes it's so much easier to see God as our Father than Lover. Yet He still calls us His Beloved... =) Our prayer shall continually be, "Take me deeper, deeper in love with You, Jesus hold me close in Your embrace", as sung by Don Moen =)